Martin Freitag wrote:
George Carden schrieb:

Well, I gave that a try and it still does not work. Google Desktop IS
indexing browser web pages content, but not e-mail. Sure would love to
get this problem solved. I know I'm not the only person having
difficulty with this, as others in various groups online have had the
same trouble as well.  I'm still thinking the problem lies in some
simple variation of these instructions posted a couple of years ago for
SeaMonkey V 1.  Here they are again:

0. Exit SeaMonkey and Google Desktop Search
1. Open up "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search"
2. Open up "C:\Program Files\Mozilla.org\Seamonkey\components"
3. Copy GoogleDesktopMozilla.dll, GoogleDesktopMozillaStub.js, and
GoogleDesktopMozillaStub.xpt from #1 to #2
4. Run cmd.exe
5. Type: cd  "C:\Program Files\Mozilla.org\Seamonkey\components"
6. Type: ..\regxpcom
7. Restart SeaMonkey

Now, with SeaMonkey 2.0, the Program Files location is a little
different. So, I tried altering step 2 so that it would actually be:

2. Open up "C:\Program Files\Seamonkey\components"

I assumed that, logically, then, step 5 should be:

5. Type: cd "C:\Program Files\Seamonkey\components"

I then did step 6 and got this response:

" '..\regxpcom" is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. "

Does anyone have any thoughts at this point? (I know just enough about
DOS to be dangerous.)

regxpcom.exe was a file in the old SM1, it's not existing in a
SM2-directory, therefore you cannot execute it.
Have you tried asking google yet? ;-)
regards

Martin

Just did posted it in their "Help for Windows" group. Hopefully, they'll help me out. If/when they do, I'll send along their response.

-George