I upgraded from 1.18 to 2. The newsgroup reader is much much slower opening a newsgroup now. The title bar flashes "not responding" on and off while it slowly goes down the list checking the individual groups on the particular news server I just expanded. I subscribe to several different news servers and it's slow on all of them. In 1.18 and earlier versions this only took a few seconds.

Another issue is that when I do click on a group, they are usually scrolled all the way to bottom whereas in previous versions, they were always positioned at the top.

I had Vista-64 Home Premium when I installed SM 2. I upgraded to Windows 7-64 Ultimate yesterday but that has had no effect on the newsgroup reader.