Daisy Zhao wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Daisy Zhao wrote:
I unchecked "Use name and passward",and try to send mail, but:

"Sending of message failed. The message could not be sent because the
connection to SMTP server smtp.gmail.com timed out. Try again or contact
your network administrator."

My mail server is gmail.

I understand a "time out" message is not uncommon with gmail recently,
because they've been having more problems than usual. Are you still having
this problem today?    bj

yep  :(

I checked every step for smtp setting on gmail's configuring page,but the
problem's still there.

Receiving messages has no problem,but if I want to reply a mail,I have to go
back to gmail's page! Ridiculous,isn't?

I was hoping someone else would come along, and help you out, because I'm not
familiar with Gmail, and I'm not sure... I know what you're trying to do.  Does
this link help you at all?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725

bj