Bill Davidsen wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
William Morrison wrote:
I noticed a problem of email containing a lot of graphics not loading
in completely on the first viewing. I get mail from a group on
multiply.com group, Kodak and Kawasaki and it seems like when I first
click on a new message instead of getting the entire graphic all I get
the layout placeholders as well as the picture place holders, if i
click on another message then go back to the new one everything is
there. I'm using the classic view for my messages and have them open
in the message pane as opposed to full window.

...and this may or may not be one example of why I'd want to retain the
OPTION to turn JavaScript on/off for Mail and News vice having someone
else decide for me...

JavaScript has nothing to do with displaying pictures...

If JavaScript is such a bane, someone explain why it is used so much
design and operation of Web pages? And why it is so great in Web
pages, but not email?

I want a serious answer. Not some knee jerk answer about it should
never have been in email. I can say the same of Active-X, although
Active-X is far more dangerous.

May I suggest that you start this new topic in a new thread? I just
happened to find it, and suspect others are skipping the great tab
discussions as well.

Bill Morrison, who is a mailing list user, rather then a newsgroup subscriber posted the subthread in the first place. It appeared as a response to me, but I think he intended it as a separate post, but somehow it got appended here.

This could be looked at as thread hijacking, but I'm pretty sure that was not the intent, its just another example of mailing list v. newsgroup threading issues.

Lee