Keith Whaley wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Benoit Renard wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
The Modern Theme included does have the Grippies. Finally the Moz crew
came to their senses.

The Moz crew? Welcome to the SeaMonkey crew. We are not Mozilla.

While SeaMonkey is independent it still under the Mozilla umbrella, and
many of The SeaMonkey Developers were Mozilla( all-in-one) Developers
Anny event the proper developers have finally come to the senses adding
the couple of lines of extra code for something that is extremely more
valuable, and omitting those lines of code.

Pardon me, but this doesn't make sense.

You say the developers have come to their senses by adding very valuable lines
of code, then turn the sense of your statement around by saying they
"omitt[ed] those lines of code."

Perhaps you could restructure that sentence to reflect what you really meant.

Thanks,

keith

Okay,

several years ago when going from one version of SM which was port of Mozilla application. (It had the "Grippies". Gripes are the little area about middle way in vertical deciding bars and Horizontal dividing bars you could hover your mouse over that area, click and pull to left or right or up and down. in the center you could click and the window would collapse or expand as if spring loaded.

Well after a version change the grippies suddenly disappeared and the was a mass outrage over the deletion of them. Developers explained that they didn't see the need to retain the extra lines of code to keep them to reduce the file size (it was later found out only about two line or so of code are needed for them). when SeaMonkey, TB and FF began to use Themes , That was a green light for developers like Sailfish to put the Grippies and their abilities back.

Now see that with the Modern theme that the SeaMonkey Developers have finally come to there senses and decided if 3rd party developers are providing themes with Grippies. There must be a demand for them.

Ever since SkyPilot has been available I have used it just to get grippies back. I since found that it interferes Quote Colors which I can't do without. So I am using the modern theme now that has grippies.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com