Howdy25 wrote:
I'm new to News Groups but very old to PC's, networks, programing, etc. so a quick question. For those sites that won't allow the Remember drop down to remember name and password entry's, is there any way to force an entry of the url and pw in Sea Monkey 2.0 Passwords Manager? Didn't have this problem with SM 1.xxx. Could go back to 1.xxx, but Win 7 is so buggy and full of "protection rejections" that it didn't like 1.xxx.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Howard Godfrey

In many cases instead of the pop-up asking if you want to save information, there is now a tiny checkbox on some window, not necessarily one which is displayed. It no longer requires you to choose, it no longer even forces the window to be visible, it's one of the things you have to remember to go try and find if you want to use the password manager. And AFAIK there's no config to return to the previous behavior, it's up to the user to search it out.

Someone in the development group doesn't like pop-up windows, so for the most part they have been replaced with hidden prompts.

Hopefully someone will write an add-on to make passwords useful again, the user shouldn't have to remember.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>