DoctorBill wrote:
/snip/
I am about to drop my old "Dial-Up" ISP and this new one I am trying to
insert is a Wireless Server at 256kbps (12 to 14x faster than my
dialup). I'm moving into the modern era out here in the farm country!
Our local Indian Reservation runs it !

Coeur d’ Alene Tribe
http://www.cdatribe-nsn.gov/

BTW - I am using
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2pre)
Gecko/20070111 SeaMonkey/1.1

BTW - I am not of Indian descent....just a plain old German goose stepper.

DoctorBill

…
Only the dumbest of sheep vote for their butcher....

Bill,

If you have downloaded any mail there will be notihing in Local FOlders.

The Global Inbox stores all mail in Local Folders, without regard to the account, ala Outlook Express. Without sitting down at your machine, I can't be sure, but what you describe sounds exactly like an account set to use Global Inbox. There would be an entry in Account asttings, but nothing in the Folderpane. Lets at least rule that out:

Edit>>Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings>>(account in question)

Click Server Sttings for your new account, then click the Advanced button. (Hoping 1.1.x had the same dialog as 2.0, I think it did.)

There should be a series of radio buttons. If the one for Global Inbox is selected, change it to Inbox for this server's account.

Lee