Jay Garcia wrote:
On 26.11.2009 19:44, Ant wrote:

   --- Original Message ---

Leonidas Jones wrote:

IIRC, it was port 563 SSL. Or is that no longer there for
news.mozilla.org?

Thank you in advance. :)

I think you are thinking of the old support location

secnews.netscape.com

That server is still there, with its groups, by the way,

Ah that was it. How come Mozilla.org doesn't use SSL when Netscape does?

The reason that secnews was configured as SSL was so it could be used as
a test base for Netscape's Corporate Enterprise customers. That's the
only reason BTW. Port 563 users can see all ports but port 119 users
cannot see the 563 groups.

One advantage is using a Secure Server is No Spam! in the entire 3-4 ran there were maybe two pieces a spam. Where periodically here we my see batches of spam. All news servers should be either Secure or Authenticated.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com