NoOp wrote:
On 12/07/2009 01:02 PM, Cedar wrote:
Bernard Mercier wrote:
Cedar a couché sur son écran :
What would be the correct path for the cache file, if there is one?
Does it make a difference to SM's performance if it is in a different
spot?  Is it supposed to be in the same folder as the rest of each
profile?  I see all my caches for various profiles have been in a
different place than the rest of the profile.
See edit|preferences|advanced|cache.

Umm....maybe I should give more details:

My profile's cache is in:  C:\Documents and Settings\"my comp"\Local
Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\"my profile"

My SM profile is in:  C:\Documents and Settings\"my comp"\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\"my profile"

Is this normal for the cache to be in this directory, or should it be in
the SM profile's directory?  Or does it even matter?

Each profile keeps it's own cache directory. You can also see where your
cache is by using 'about:cache' in the url address bar.

Oh Boy! Ummmm...maybe it's me missing something here, but.....I know where my profile is keeping it's cache, but since it's in a different directory than my SM profile, I'm wondering if it's in the correct place or not....From my previous post above, please note difference in the two paths: one has a folder called "local settings", the other does not!