On 12/07/2009 04:43 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
> Martin Freitag wrote:
>> In that case, my space-bar is requesting profit sharing from you ;-P
>
> Most *support* Groups prefer no snipping what so ever so that threading
> can be maintained, to determine what steps in solving a problem have
> been tried. If its in a groups where conversation is going on then
> Snipping is acceptable.

I just add the 'Lines' column, and if the lines are over 50 I just mark
the msg as read and skip over it... unless of course I am aware that the
msg may have data in it that pertains to the issue.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/other
<quote>
Trim your follow-ups.

    Do not quote the entire content of the message to which you are
replying. Include only as much as is necessary for context. Remember
that if someone wants to read the original message, they can; it is
easily accessible. A good rule of thumb is, don't include more quoted
text than new text.

    There is always a need for some trimming - either a salutation, a
signature, some blank lines or whatever. If you are doing no trimming
whatsoever of the quoted text, then you aren't trimming enough.
</quote>

:-)