On 12/8/2009 5:59 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/JunThai.htm
>
> It says it's a Seamonkey document and asks if I want to use the
> default application to open it.  It then downloads it into the SM
> temp directory and displays it there.
>
> Did Google do something to way the page is served (I know
> Googlepages is "obsolete"), or has SM behavior changed?
> I am the owner/author of the page.  To create it, I just exported
> the collection to a Web Document from MS Office (Word).  It's worked
> for the last 2 years until now.
>
> -sw

The W3C validator "guessed" the page is XHTML and reported 2243 XHTML
errors.  If I force the validator to assume the page is HTML 4.0
Transitional, it then reports 1072 HTML errors.

GIGO  (garbage in = garbage out)

Prior versions of the Gecko rendering engine might have been programmed
to guess what your page meant and displayed it in a form you found
acceptable.  The current version of Gecko may have been programmed to
guess differently.

I have confirmed that SeaMonkey 2.0 will indeed load and properly
display a file with the .htm extension.  That is, it will do so if the
file has a <!Doctype> declaration at the beginning.

When I tried IE 7, I got an error popup that said "Your current security
settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>