On 12/11/2009 6:04 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:

>>> The only difference between the SM 1 and SM filtering is in SM you have
>>> to Name them yourself. In SM 1 they were already pre-named
>>>
>>> You set them up on the inbox although you can chose a sub directory. to
>>> filter on.
>>>
>>> There is a completely different filter setting for each mailbox. one set
>>> of filter rules does not apply across mailboxes
>>>

>> Huh? I was able to create a filter and run it on any mailbox.
> I have two separate mailboxes (accounts with my ISP. and the filter
> rules are not mutually shared. I can look at mailbox for my main
> account, and there are hundreds of rules. On my other account which is
> primarily to catch spam. I can count the visible filters on less than my
> hands and toes.
>
> each account or mailbox has it own set of filters.

I think you're using the term "mailbox" to mean "Account". When you set
up your "Account" with your ISP, you will have an Inbox where your e-mail
is deposited. You can also create other "mailboxes" into which you can
transfer/copy your e-mail messages, all within that same "Account".

Do you see how they are different?

When you create message filters on the "Account", they will be run on the
Inbox for that "Account" automatically. If you want to run the filters on
other "mailboxes", you can do that manually.