Phillip Jones wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:33:15 -0800, Rufus wrote:
/snip/
/snip/
No not at all. On both Windows and Macs, tabs actually use far less
memory then the corresponding number of multiple browser windows.

Lee
I have SM set to open new page in same window. opening in multiple
windows is no better than in tabs. Tabs is basically new windows with
tab stuck on it.

No, you are simply wrong. Sorry to be so blunt, but its true.

Have you checked this with the Activity Monitor running?

Lee
Yes I have. definite uptick in memory each time I tried tabs and even
more when I used multiple windows. I always have set up to open new page
in current window.

Well, I was asking Phillip, but more eyes are better, so thanks!

That is consistent with my usage.  Opening multiple pages will always
use more memory, but opening them in tabs is more efficient then opening
them in new windows.

If one is using a limited system, it would be best to avoid both tabs
and multiple windows. However, on a modern machine, tabs are going to
perform better then multiple windows.

We have discussed our Mac museums already!  ;)

Lee

Yes I've got to update my Mac laptop with Intel Processor. I want to get
the one with 8 gigs of Ram.  And My Lap top is G4-500 then I might can
use those touted Tabs.
when I buy either I will have to take funds out my retirement to do so.
See when you on Social Security there is only so much you can do.

I just never seen a use for them. Usually when I visit a site I progress
from one window to the next I don't need to switch back an forth. I go
to point  a to b to c and so on. I don't go to a, b.c,a,d,b,c,a and so on.

Messed up a line above should have been my Desktop is a G4-500 not my laptop. My laptop is a G4-1.67Gb PowerBook 17" want to get another PowerBook 17.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com