jim wrote:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:59:51 -0700, Jim<no_...@anonymouse.org>  in
mozilla.support.seamonkey wrote:

Jim wrote:
Hi all --

At work we use Lotus Notes for e-mail. I also have Seamonkey 2.0. Today,
I uninstalled the old browser, Seamonkey 1.18. Now, when I click on a link
in an email in Lotus Notes, nothing happens (used to open a SM 1.18
window.) I opened Seamonkey 2.0, and went to
edit-->preferences-->browser and clicked on Set Default Browser, but
nothing happens. Here, at home, that button is grayed out, and it says
Seamonkey is already your default browser. But that doesn't happen at
work. Out of curiosity, would I have to log in under my administrator
account to do that?

What do I do? (Have XP, SP3 at work).

Possibility -- Check to see if your Lotus Notes has a hardwired path set
for Seamonkey -- so long as 1.1.18 was there it would follow that path and
bump the program.  SM 2.0 uses a different directory than SM 1.x.
(I had that happen with a program called "Mailwasher".)

jim

I give up. Today, I found out IE7 exhibits the same behavior. Bet the browsers can't change a registry key, or the key is non-existent. Sent a message to our "bright" IT folks to figure it out. (Actually, our IT people are pretty good -- they're so darned busy, that we only contact them if we can't figure it out.) BTW, Lotus Notes doesn't have a hardwired path for SeaMonkey. It used to. The current version gives you a choice of using the "default browser", or the browser contained in Lotus Notes. I switched to the Lotus Notes browser, until we figure this out.