Mort wrote:
I did just that, and the screen says that there are no updates available.

That's strange, but I believe you.

So, do I go with the download URL that connects to a German server that
is allegedly not verifiable? I really would like to download an duse the
latest version = 2.0.1.

It's not the server that is a problem, it's just your operating system wrongly thinking that every non-signed download is bad. We don't have the infrastructure for signing, buit out downloads are OK, and all servers they contact with are mirrors that Mozilla has verified to be secure and trustworthy.

Robert Kaiser