Ken Rudolph wrote:
Wow!  I just noticed that the security upgrade to SM 2.0.1 was
handled invisibly behind the scenes without my active participation
or even noticing that it happened (although I think I did check
approve without thinking about it when Zone Alarm told me that
SeaMonkey was attempting to contact the Internet.)  That's quite a
change from SM 1.x, more like Firefox's upgrades.  I'm not a huge
fan of automatic updates, preferring to handle my computer tasks
personally.  But I have to admit I liked this a hell of a lot better
than the backup/uninstall/download/reinstall method for past SM
updates!  Thanks, guys.

in SM 1.1.18 and lower there was no automatic update Best I can remember when you were notified you were required to go to website and manually download the update. Now they have gone to FireFox way of notifying and then download silently the notifying you of the install. With the window People I can see with all the virus problems I can see why they would freak-out. On macs which I use its no big deal. I've been doing automatic updates with no issues. In the future if the playing levels and Virus writers pay more attention to Macs I may get concerned. But being updated from Mozilla as opposed from any mirror sites I would tend to think we should have no worries what so ever about infections.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com