Margo Guda wrote:
BTW I have also tried - in yet another location - a later version, 2.1
a1pre. I tried it with the same profile. Here, there is no problem with
the home page loading or the back navigation button working. I am not
convinced I'll switch though, as too many add-ons are not compatible.

"2.1a1pre" are completely experimental, untested versions. If you use any of those, make sure you have backups of all your data as we can't guarantee this bleeding edge development version won't just destroy data without warnings (this rarely happens, but without testing, we can never know).

Still, it's interesting to know that your problem doesn't appear there.

Robert Kaiser