marstokyo wrote:
I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.0. I like it for its mail feature. But
now, when I try to send an email I get this message:
Sending of message failed.
An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server
smtp.earthlink.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but
you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password'
for that server or contact your service provider.

I'm using Earthlink.net and have tried to figure out how to correct
this but to no avail. They're not interested in helping problems with
Seamonkey.

Have you checked your SMTP settings under Mail/Newsgroups Account Settings? At the bottom of your account listing is the Outgoing Server (SMTP) Setting. Click that, then "Edit" your default setting... removing the security settings as mentioned. Uncheck User name and password and secure authentication, if they are not required by your ISP.
bj