On 12/24/2009 1:07 AM, Daniel wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:
>> Hmmm, I show 43,739. I guess it depends on how many headers were downloaded
>> when the group was initially subscribed? I always download all headers (as
>> I have a connection that makes this easy).
>>

> Interesting!!
>

> I've just set up this new laptop in the past fortnight or so, and for
> the four groups I check on this server, I downloaded all the headers and
> this group, now, about six weeks after Marks post, is only showing as
> 38943 messages!!

Is it because the news server has removed some of the older posts, such that
if you get a new list today, it will not go back as far as the list I downloaded
some time ago?

When I view all messages in the group, the first header I see is:

  "Welcome to mozilla.support.seamonkey", posted by Dave Miller on 1/9/2006.

Interestingly, the first response to that post was from you :-)