Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
 Bill Davidsen wrote:
When I am reading mail/news in 1.1.18, the header pane scroll indicator can be used to move the view up or down. If I middle click in the scroll region the indicator and display move to that spot. Useful so I can move around. In 2.0.1 the same action opens a tab instead of scrolling. Note: no I am *not* clicking on the article header by accident, that's a useful behavior.

The only way to get the previous behavior is to shift-click, which requires use of both hands, more time, etc.I can't find any benefit at all from this behavior and regard it as a regression from 1.1.xx interface.

I do have middleclick opens in new tab, that's a browser thing, and should not apply to the scrollbar!

Sounds like one for the OS-build Bill.

Middle-click to header-scroll-position works fine in SM-2.*/Linux_64bit (and I also have set middle-click to-open new-tab in background left-click opening tab in foreground.

Interesting, even most bizarre, since if I middle click in the scroll bar it opens the current article in a new tab, with no sidebar. Using the traditional three pane view.

And the odd thing is that it works as expected in the browser, but the mail/news gives me a new tab rather than scroll. Shift-left still gives me scroll, but it's a two hand operation.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>