On 12/29/2009 7:58 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> I am using SM 1.1 and Windows XP SPS 2
>>
>> I use Tab Browser Extension 2.1.2006031301 and love it.
>>
>> Normally when you want to open a LINK, you can right click on it
>> and choose "open Link in this Tab" or "Open Link in a new tab" - NICE !
>>
>> However, some web sites make you open the links in the same window - no
>> choice!
>>
>> Is there some Key I can hold down while clicking that FORCES a new tab
>> to open
>> contrary to what the web site tries to force upon one ?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> DoctorBill
>>

> I had asked this several months ago. Sorry.  Had to find it on the Internet
> as I had erased my msf file and started over - got too large.
>
> I guess from the answers that is is a "script" thing (whatever that is)
> and cannot be solved.
>
> As I remember, I was on a Hewlett Packard Printer Driver site and had
> to do the old I.E. thing of back and forward w/o the luxury of having many
> tabs open and switching around in them.
>
> If anyone has come up with something new, it would be nice.
>
> DoctorBill

When the link is via JavaScript, I clone the tab and then left-click on
the link.  I clone via an extra PrefBar button -- Clone Tab at
<http://prefbar.mozdev.org/buttons.html#clonetab> -- which is NOT in the
installed PrefBar and which must instead be imported.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>