On 12/31/09 9:33 AM, Phillip Jones wrote:

Leonidas Jones wrote:
 art wrote:
 On 12/29/09 7:57 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:

 art wrote:
 On 12/29/09 7:50 AM, Robert Kaiser wrote:

 Phillip Jones schrieb:
 could you not look at the code in the modern theme that allows
 Grippies
 and see how its implemented there then adapt the code for the default
 theme.

 When Stefan designed the new default theme for Mac, he decided that the
 "grippies" don't look fitting or good on Mac, so he did put in a small
 piece of CSS to always hide them, the userChrome.css hack he posted
 here
 just reverses the function of that bit.
 I'd be much happier if that was a pref one could set with toolbar
 customization - maybe that's something that could be done for a later
 version (2.1 or so).

 Robert Kaiser
 Robert,
 Thanks for the insight.

 The .css hack does work and also restores the rollover highlighting as
 well. Although the grippy style could be enhanced a bit, it's really not
 that bad.

 The other theme bug that I had mentioned in the original posting had to
 do with incorrect Personal Toolbar bookmark overflow handling at the
 right margin overlapping the chevron overflow menu icon. This seems to
 be unique to the Default Theme as the Modern theme doesn't exhibit this
 behavior.

 There are a number of chevron-related Bugzilla entries although it's not
 clear if they are related to this. Is there a similar .css hack that can
 address this ? Maybe box model resizing ?

 I can't seem to get the userChrome.css addition to work.

 Lee
 Lee&   Phillip:
 Here's what I use in the userChrome.css:

 /* add the toolbar grippy to the default theme */
 toolbargrippy { display: -moz-box !important; }

 FWIW - I also have this entry:
 /* widen the hotspot for splits between folder pane and message pane in
 mail */
 #folderpane-splitter { width: 3px !important; }

 Like all overrides, they to follow the @namespace entry line (it's the
 "cascade" phenomenon in .css :-)).

 No success.

 Lee
   as well as for me too. I've removed that since it may interfere with
my patch to Jive Clearspace forums.

This is what I currently have:

#jive-wrapper {

width:100% !important;

background-color: #ffffff !important;

background-image: none !important;

}

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.adobe.com") {
    body {
      font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif !important;
    }
}

This may be causing one or more CSS cascading rule conflicts. Do you have these entries after the default XUL @namespace entry ?

--