On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:43:19 -0800, David E. Ross wrote:

> And as I indicated before, the issue is not merely backups.  The size of
> just SeaMonkey 2.0.1 seems to slow the changing of profiles.

Nothing to do with the size of the profile. The underlying gecko toolkit
we are now based on doesn't actually support dynamic switching of
profiles the way XPFE/SeaMonkey 1.x did. What we now do is to fake it by
doing a silent restart into the selected profile.

So what you are actually seeing is a very fast restart rather than a
very slow profile switch.

Phil