Mike C schrieb:
When email is opened the folders appear on the left but all the emails
are missing from the right pane.
(There are no panes, right or left. Just the folders on the left).
Using SM 1.1.18

I reinstalled SM 1.1.18 thinking that would correct the problem.
It didn't.

Does anyone think it would have made a difference if I had uninstalled
SM 1.1.18 first and then reinstalled it?

No, I guess ths wouldn't be a big difference. I'd suggest you create a new profile with the Seamonkey profile manager, recreate your mail-acount(s), close down SM, copy your mailbox files (inbox, sent, trash, etc.) from the old profile over the new (empty) ones and see if that new profile looks fine then.
Profile-FAQ in case you're not familiar with the paths:
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.asciiribbon.org/index-de.html