D B Malmquist wrote:
EH wrote:

Hello!

When saving a link (e.g. a PDF), the 'open progress dialog' appears,
but the download does not start.
Directly clicking on the PDF link works: the PDF is loaded and then displayed.
Just tested: using the download manager also does not work! It shows me, that
the dowmload is not started.

I tested this with another computer just having installed Seamonkey 2.
Does not work here, too.

What happens here? Such an important feature doen't work?

BTW: On both computers, Seamonkey got the last version (1.1.18 / 1.1.17).

Anybody else with this problem?

Possibly you have the Adobe Acrobat Plug-in installed?  My recollection is
that even if you uncheck "Display PDF in Browser" in Acrobat, the plug-in
will nevertheless interfere with what happens when a PDF link is clicked.

On Seamonkey 2 I guess we will be able to just disable the plug-in.

Getting rid of it in Seamonkey 1.x isn't so easy.  You have to disable
plug-in scanning _and_ make sure the DLL is removed from the install
directory:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Adobe_Reader#Disabling_the_browser_plugin

-dbm

I just noticed this thread because I was looking to see if anyone else had this problem, although a simple 'does not work' is incorrect.

How to do it.
1 - Save Link Target As (you can do several of them if you have several to do) 2 - Go to the 'download manager' and stop all downloads which have not actually started
3 - you now get the option to restart them.  Do so.  Problem solved.

If this was a plugin problem then I have a problem with my html plugin :-)

btw, Linux, currently running 2.0.1 under Opensuse 11.2 although this problem started under 2.0.0 and Opensuse 11.1. This applies to both the 32 and 64-bit versions. I am also fairly certain that I have this behaviour on my XP machine, assume that it always has the current SM version loaded.