Mark Hansen wrote:
On 1/6/2010 8:26 AM, chicagofan wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
NoOp wrote:

That it not my view. My view is that perhaps you should switch from
Forte Agent, and use SeaMonkey to search all of the threads that have
already discussed this subject nearly into the ground.

Forte Agent permit us to have the posts we want to be always visible -
SM did not permit that.
Forte Agent permit us to delete the posts we want SM did not permit that.

I don't understand either of these comments.

In SM, if you mark a post as "unread" it will be visible as long as you
wish [until the news server deletes it for room].  Just click on the
[sort] button that designates read or unread.

Actually, posts (or messages) will not show up in the group the next
time you visit the group if you set the group to view unread messages
only, using View ->  Threads ->  Threads with Unread, for example.

Sorry I didn't mention that, in case the OP doesn't use show "Unread". Good point!

You can cancel *your* posts with SM [the same as any other program as
far as I know].  If you mean other people's posts, all you have to do is

The client usually allows for a way to cancel a post, but it's really
up to the news server whether the cancel is honored. Most news servers
don't support this.

I knew this too, but didn't want to confuse with my question about what do they see as the difference between SM and Forte, since they are treated the same by news servers. Do you know what they are talking about?

mark them "Read" and they will be gone when you come back [reload].  If
you want an entire thread to "disappear" just highlight one of the
messages and click "T" on the keyboard.

Hmmm, 't' just takes you to the next unread thread. I think you meant
to recommend 'r', which marks the current thread as 'read'.

That's funny, because in my versions of SM, "T" will mark the whole thread "read" AND move to the next thread.
bj