MCBastos schrieb:

I tried here. It works... at a fashion. I have to click somewhere else
before doing the click-and-drag thing. I have to begin the click and
drag at just the right spot and move it just so. And even then, there
are situations where it doesn't work, like in the middle of a long,
multi-line wrapped link. It seems more an artifact of the way
click-and-drag selection works than a feature.

To be sure, I never missed this functionality... but if the community
thinks it's a worthy enhancement, a better way would be to use a
modified click-and-drag. Such as, right-click-and-drag, or
alt-click-and-drag or whatever combination is still available -- in this
mode the browser would ignore the link and behave as if it were normal text.

And, by the way... wouldn't this be a core (Gecko) enhancement?

I guess, yes.
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.asciiribbon.org/index-de.html