On 2/3/2010 11:20 AM, David Wilkinson wrote [in part]:
> Using SM2 on Windows 7 x64.
>
> My spell-checker dictionary transferred successfully from SM1 but I notice a
> couple of problems:
>
> 1. Sometimes, mis-spelled words will be missed (no red underline). In another
> situation, this same word will be caught. It happens often enough to be a real
> nuisance. I do not remember this in SM1.

On the SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences].  Under "Category'
on the Preferences window, select [Browser > Languages].  Look at the
current selection for "When typing check my spelling".  You might have
indicated "In multiline boxes", in which case there is no checking for
spelling in a single-line box.  If that is the case, change the
selection to "All boxes".

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>