David E. Ross:
>On 2/4/2010 10:32 AM, Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> URL?
>
>In a slightly different format but still showing the problem:
><http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=^SPX+VFINX+VFIAX+^MSCIMC+VIMSX+VPMAX+^RMZ+VGSIX+VFICX+VFIDX+VWETX+VMMXX+VCAIX+^TNX+^TYX+PEG_PE>

I can see the problem.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/ya100204.png (24 KB)

W3C shows some errors but the real problem in this case could be, that
the strange characters are no real utf-8 characters. No proof, though,
because the content has changed before i saved the the old one.

>However, this is a transient, frequently-updated page and might not show
>the problem when you go there.

Yes. *g*

>>> I see similar representations on other Web pages.
>>
>> URL?
>
>Generally, they require logging-on to my various accounts.  Sorry, but I
>won't disclose my IDs or passwords.

Understandable.

Hartmut