On 02/02/10 12:44, Daniel wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>>
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> I cleared the cache, and opened my my.myway start page. I opened 20
>>> links in tabs, 10 were my.myway pages, and ten were external links.
>>>
>>> I then cleared the cache, and repeated with opening new windows.
>>
>> Please reread. 10 times as opposed the way it was (opening multiple
>> windows and not reusing the same window). I've tried tabs (I just don't
>> use them) and for my setup and machine they are slow.
>
> Phillip, did you miss Lee's para..."I then cleared the cache, and
> repeated with opening new windows."

<harsh mode on>
C'mon guys, please take a moment to thoroughly read the messages before
replying something that makes it clear the you didn't pay enough
attention to what had been actually written.
<harsh mode off>

Philip Jones is talking about SeaMonkey performance when opening
external links (like links from the mailnews SeaMonkey component) in the
*same window* as opposed to opening them in *new windows*.
Lee tested opening external links in *new windows* as opposed to opening
them in *new tabs*.

So, we have:
Philip Jones --> *same window* Vs *new windows*
Leonida Jones (Lee) --> *new windows* Vs *new tabs*

Do you see the light now?

--
Andrea "XFox" Govoni

AIM/iChat/ICQ: x...@mac.com
Yahoo! ID: xfox82
Skype Name: draykan

PGP
KeyID: 0x212E69C1
Fingerprint: FBE1 CA7D 34BE 4A53 9639  5C36 B7A0 605F 212E 69C1