I've just started reading about people's bad experiences with SM2. The "unkillable" thing happened to me, but I clicked the icon again and it worked OK the second time.

My problem involves proxy settings. I have a dialup connection with a proxy accelerator. The proxy address is localhost or 127.0.0.1 with a port value of 5403. Normally, the accelerator software makes all the proper settings when it is installed, but I started having problems reaching certain sites. I realized that it was SSL (https:) sites that weren't working. All the settings under Preferences/Proxy/Advanced were as they should be and I tried many different combinations of the settings with no success. I am temporarily using the "No Proxy for" field to exclude SSL sites I need to visit, but would like to have acceleration for them and will soon get tired of entering new URLs into the exclusion box.

Any thoughts, solutions or explanations?
Thanks