Mr. Cheese wrote:
Rubens wrote:
/snip/
Backup and restore of the profile has been discussed forever.
Brings to mind an obvious (to me) question:

Why doesn't SeaMonkey have a backup/restore function built in?

Okay, tell me which applications do that? Does word make a backup of all your WP documents? Does Excel backup your spreadsheets? Does Photoshop keep a comprehensive backup of your images?

Of course not.

Seems to me that backup of important data is the responsibility of the user. I backup all my important data every day, which of course includes my profile data, indeed several times a day, to different locations. If my house burns to the ground, I can still restore that data.

I don't think an application should take on backup responsibilities. A regular backup routine is something we all should be doing.

Lee