Interviewed by CNN on 12/2/2010 01:44, David Wilkinson told the world:
> Willard wrote:
>> Is there a way to add only the new mail to PC#1 from PC#2 and visa versa
>> in each profile using 1.1.18 on WinXPproSP3 ???
>
> Probably not an answer to your question, but this is what IMAP mail is for.

While IMAP is doubtless the best answer, sometimes it's just not
available -- many e-mail providers are still POP-only, or IMAP is a
premium option. I hope with users discovering that Gmail offers free
IMAP, that scenario will improve. But right now...

A workaround is to set up both computers to keep the messages in the POP
mailbox for a few days. That way, both can download the messages before
it being erased. It works very well for non-simultaneously-used
computers (say, one at home and one at the office), but some servers get
confused if both computers try to access the account at the same time.
Though I have never ran into that problem, even in a company where eight
people accessed the same mailbox, so I guess newer servers can handle it.

OTOH, I have ran into a ISP that ignored the "keep messages in the
mailbox after downloading" option -- no matter how you set your client
up, after downloading your messages were deleted. I talked to their
support, and that behavior was by design. So the POP-workaround is not
guaranteed to work in all cases either.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.