James Greenidge wrote:
Greetings;

Currently each Thunderbird installed my G3 iBook's Tiger and Panther
partitions share the same mail folder (installed the Panther partition)
which greatly saves disk space and is never "out of mail sync" and it
works just great. My question is I'd like to install SeaMonkey on the
Tiger partition (since SM doesn't seem exist for Panther), but will the
way SM re-formats mail files render them unreadable to Thunderbird in
Panther?

Thanks for any tips.

SeaMonkey 1.1.18 does run quite well on Panther. Tiger can run 2.0.x, the current version.

I am assuming that you resing TB 2.0.0.23, since the newer version does not run on Panther either.

I also assume that you want to keep TB installed, and have both applications look at the same mail data. The following describes how to do that.

Install SeaMonkey, then set up your accounts. Its handy to do so in the exact order that they appear in TB, though that is not necessary.

Then go to edit>>Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings. For each account, look in Server Settings for the Local Directory field. Browse to the location of your mail files for that account in TB. When done, OK out of the Account Settings Dialog, then close SeaMonkey.

Reopen SM, and, if all has gone well, you should see all your mail data.

The above can also be done with rss and news accounts, though it is trickier.

Lee