Monica wrote:
Bernard Mercier wrote:
Monica a présenté l'énoncé suivant :
Daniel wrote:
Monica wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Monica wrote:
I have been looking in a couple of mail folders in my Profile
using a
text editor, and I see a lot of (text) content in there even
though the
folders are empty when I check them in the SM mail client. How can
this be?

You need to compact your folders.

Messages deleted in the SM UI are not really deleted, rather they are
removed from your view, and marked for deletion. Compacting the
folders
accomplishes this deletion.

File>>Compact Folders

Lee
Oh yes, I now remember this feature, it used to come up every so often
asking me if I want to compact folders. I haven´t seen that in a long
time though, probably disappeared with one of my updates of SM! How
can
I get the option to get this reminding request back?

Monica, what do you have set at Edit->Preferences->Mail &
Newsgroups->Network Settings in the part labeled "Disk Space"? Maybe
you
need a smaller number!

Daniel

I see I haven´t set that at all. What number would be considered
default?
You decide yourself. But when ticked the default is displayed.

Ok, thanks!

I leave mine set at 1000K. If I recall correctly, the default was 300, ut I found that the nag was coming up way to often. Tis works for me, may not for you.

You can also run it manually at any time via File>>Compact Folders.

Lee