Phillip Jones wrote:
Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
   Phillip Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
S. Beaulieu wrote:
Phillip Jones a écrit :
wouldn't do any good if you could. they regenerate themselves. The
same
question came up years ago when they first appeared and it part of the
SM/TB code. if they are removed. next time SM/TB opens they will
reappear.

Fair enough! But it still doesn't explain what's their point...

S.

The Unsent, Draft, Template, and Trash I've always assumed are there to
allow you to work off-line when you can't get a connection in the same
manner that you might on-line...as for additional ones I've created -

I use my Local Folders to save or backup posts for future reference
without having to go search some archive - like references from my
health groups, or pictures I post, urls, good information, etc. that I
see that I think I may wish to refer to or explore in more detail in the
future.  I've created my own subject oriented Local.

Seems to take less disk space to store them in Local Folders than to
store them as raw Save files...of course, then I'm stuck using SM as a
reader, but that's ok with me.

Ahh yes but you can also save archive emails (copies) to sent folder
in  the email section and you use to be able to before the local
folder Newsgroups post as well. in fact I had a folder/directory
called newsgroups and a templates and Drafts folder for each email
account, that worked as well for newsgroups as well. now for drafts
and templates for newsgroups, only local folder can be used for
newsgroups now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22198...@n03/4383515757/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22198...@n03/4384299388/sizes/l/

Phillip, Are your preference-settings OK? I'm still successfully using
my email-Drafts and Sent folders for composing sending this Newsgroup
response, but I later move sent-messages into respective subject-folders
and still-later finally-archive them under subject/year, etc. ~ I never
have had this draft-save/sent habit, interrupted by the
nightly-trunk-builds during the past few years or more... Maybe just
lucky, I guess.
Yes I had set to use the drafts/Templates folder I kept getting a warning message about *this directory is for email only messages of this type will be ignored*. Since moving to the local Directory I haven't had this problem.

Crossed-fingers and touch wood, I've yet to see that ominous warning, and nothing has died (yet) by my using newsgroup-replies saved to the email drafts/templates, etcetera. I may have disabled a more-obscure preference that governs the warning-message.. Barry.