On 3/6/10 11:15 AM, Mark Hansen wrote:
> On 3/6/2010 10:11 AM, FDVS wrote:
>> I tried to install it is not working as advertised.  Could it be due to
>> this?  (from Adblock website)
>> Installation in SeaMonkey
>>
>> "Unfortunately, in SeaMonkey 1.1 and below it is impossible to install
>> Adblock Plus in the user profile. Adblock Plus will need to be installed
>> in the application directory. This has the consequence that Adblock Plus
>> needs to be reinstalled after each SeaMonkey update. Also, usually only
>> privileged users can install to application directory (on Unix systems
>> this is root)."
>>

> So what do you mean it didn't work? Did you install it into the
> Application profile rather than the user profile?
>
> Are you running on a UNIX system?

>From the header section of FDVS's reply:
        rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100205 SeaMonkey/2.0.3
It's Windows XP.

I've installed AdBlock Plus 1.1.3 without any problem in SeaMonkey 2.0.
 Because root installation of extensions is effectively hosed by the
Addons Manager, I installed it in each of my four profiles.  When I
upgraded SeaMonkey from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3, I did not have to reinstall
Adblock Plus.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>