Phillip Jones wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:10:34 -0800, David E. Ross wrote:

On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit> Preferences].

On the left side of the Preferences window, select [Advanced> HTTP
Networking].

On the HTTP Networking pane, uncheck the two "Enable Pipelining"
checkboxes. If those checkboxes are grayed-out, you must first check
the "Enable Keep-Alive" checkboxes; after clearing the "Enable
Pipelining" checkboxes, you can then clear the "Enable Keep-Alive"
checkboxes.

David, these settings have nothing to do with link prefetching. Did you
actually read the question?

Phil

Although I didn't submit the above answer. I might would have.
what purpose or affect does Turning on Pipe lining and an prefetching.
By its own description, it sounds like it means that some of the content
from the URL is pre-fetched and put in memory so that the site loads
faster. If it doesn't do that what benefit is it? What purpose do those
settings serve?

Phillip Jones wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:10:34 -0800, David E. Ross wrote:
>>
>>> On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit> Preferences].
>>>
>>> On the left side of the Preferences window, select [Advanced> HTTP
>>> Networking].
>>>
>>> On the HTTP Networking pane, uncheck the two "Enable Pipelining"
>>> checkboxes. If those checkboxes are grayed-out, you must first check
>>> the "Enable Keep-Alive" checkboxes; after clearing the "Enable
>>> Pipelining" checkboxes, you can then clear the "Enable Keep-Alive"
>>> checkboxes.
>>
>> David, these settings have nothing to do with link prefetching. Did you
>> actually read the question?
>>
>> Phil
>>
> Although I didn't submit the above answer. I might would have.
> what purpose or affect does Turning on Pipe lining and an prefetching.
> By its own description, it sounds like it means that some of the content
> from the URL is pre-fetched and put in memory so that the site loads
> faster. If it doesn't do that what benefit is it? What purpose do those
> settings serve?

thx David and Philip(s),
I tried swiching of the pipeline feature, but this was it not.
It is not much traffic what happens, I tracked it with a paket-analyser: It is dns-questions from my machine to a router, only a few bytes for erery link of the visited site. Something like "DirectoryService"??? calles it, but I am not a guru and dont know what is happening there.
I want it to stop and only when going to a site then it should happen.
Perhaps there is another pref I didnt find till yet.
In the old SM1.1.8 was it not, it is since the upgrade. 73, Theo.