I have Seamonkey 2.03 installed on two laptops. In each case, the three
toolbar appearance options under Edit/Preferences/Appearance ("Show toolbars
as") has no effect on the toolbars. In one case the toolbar is displayed as
"Pictures Only" (my preference). On the other laptop it's displayed as
"Pictures and text". Disabling all the extensions has no effect, nor does
renaming user.js or userChrome.css. I also tried reinstalling the program
ovr itself, but no luck there either.

Starting in Safe Mode does correct the problem.

I obviously did something wrong to bring this about - don't have any idea
what.