Lance Courtland wrote:
Martin F. wrote:
Jens Hatlak schrieb:
Martin F. wrote:

btw: I'd suggest to open the menus by right-clicking. Left click (or at
least left double-click) should open the file when (double)clicking on
the file-name or the downloadpage when (double)clicking the
download-location. After that the window should close (see bug 499114
above)

The problem there, as I see it, is consistency vs. discoverability.
Currently it's consistent in that the twisties on the right of the file
name and source hostname indicate that you can use the left mouse button
(twisties always work like that). If you switched to the right mouse
button for opening the menu then the twisties would have to go (because
they inherently say "left click me" [1] but that would do nothing then)
and be replaced by something else that indicated that a context menu is
available (replacing it by nothing is not really an option because a
simple string doesn't indicate that a context menu is available).

There's truth in that, I was completely missing that twisties were
added, those were/are not existing in the current stable release.

Basically I agree that the open/launch action should be triggered by a
double click, though. I'd just go another way by providing a visual
representation of the finished download through the system icon matching
the download file type. See bug 513691 comment 80.

Hum, interesting approach. I'm wondering is the "masses" recognize that
as clickable without an open/execute writing. Can't make up my mind
though...
regards

What's a "twistie"?

One of the masses

Martin

a right point arrow with no tail That when click point down instead of right and opens a directory of files or folders.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com