Mike C wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/14/10 11:12 AM, Mike C wrote:
Uninstalled SM 1.1.18
Installed SM 2.0 updated to 2.0.3
It went seamless!

Problem is I can't get links to open in a new tab by default.

I have set this behavior in preferences.
"Open links meant to open a new window in
A new tab in the current window"

PS: I posted this in N.P.M.Seamonkey but didn't get any response so I
thought I'd try here.

That setting will apply only if the new page would otherwise launch a
new window.

If a link would open its page in the same window where you selected the
link, you can force the new page into a new tab.  This requires setting
the appropriate checkbox in the Tabbed Browsing pane under "Open tabs
instead of windows for".

You might also go to your Windows control panel and double-click on the
Mouse icon.  On the Buttons tab, make sure the scrolling wheel is set to
be "Middle Button".

What I wanted was to be able to single left click on a link and have a new TAB open automatically.

That's the way I had tabbrowser extentions in SM 1.1.18
tabbrowser extentions won't work in SB 2

Set your middle click to 'open in new tab' and then you can left click to open in same tab, middle click for new. Then you can always have it do what you want for any given link.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>