On 3/26/10 6:53 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/26/10 3:40 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Ususally, that is an indication of a combination of invalid sniffing
>>> plus broken code for handling unrecognized browsers.
>>>
>>> However, in this case, I don't see the problem even with the standard
>>> SeaMonkey user agent string:
>>>     Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8)
>>>             Gecko/20100205 SeaMonkey/2.0.3
>>>
>>> Since Bernard Mercier seems to have also seen your problem shortly after
>>> you posted your message, I wonder if they might have fixed the Web site
>>> already.  Do you still see the problem with SeaMonkey 2.0.3?
>>>
>> Just going to the home page shows up fine (first link
>> http://www.bellagio.com/)
>>
>> But html validator extension shows as having no errors but 101 warnings.
>>

> Hmm!  Now, I'm getting the error.  But if I spoof Firefox 3.5, I don't
> get the error.  This is definitely a case of invalid sniffing plus
> broken code for handling unrecognized browsers.
>
> I have no idea why I did not see the error before.

This morning, I'm not getting the error.  Perhaps they are using
multiple servers to handle a large number of "hits" and not all servers
have the exact same configuration.

Aha!  The domain www.bellagio.com resolves to two different IP
addresses: 63.165.24.104 and 69.162.5.54.  Oops, neither of those has
the problem.

Curiouser and curiouser.

--
David E. Ross