Bill Davidsen wrote:
Monica wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Monica wrote:
Bernard Mercier wrote:
Monica avait prétendu :
Daniel wrote:
Monica wrote:
Since the last update to the current 2.0.3. I have 2 profiles in
C:\Documents and
Settings\[username]\ApplicationData\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\ The
first one (which has all my stuff in it) [random string].slt and
the
second one [random string].default

I have never created more than one, but suspect that SM for some
reason
has created the second one, which I think may be messing a few
things up
for me (that I´ve posted about in another thread).

I read another posting here which said that the Mail folder should
be in
C:\Documents and
Settings\[username]\ApplicationData\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[random

string].default\Mail My mail (and everything else of my stuff) does
not
sit in the profile with the .default ending but in the profile with
the
.slt ending. How can I go about to correct this? Can I just delete
the
.default one?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Monica

Monica, did you upgrade from SM 1.x?? I think it called its profiles
".slt" whereas SM 2 calls it ".default"

I think!!

Daniel
I am not sure (can´t remember) if it was this last time I upgraded
from
SM 1.x or just did an update within SM2.x. I think the latter,
because I
think I can recall being annoyed at the update being done
automatically
without me being asked first. I know now that I can untick a box for
that, which I did today. That .slt variant may have been with me ever
since I upgraded to SM2 and I just haven´t noticed anything wrong
until
I needed to perform certain things lately.

Do you know what can be done about this though?
Select in Tools|switch profile.
Then manage profiles.

I´m sorry but manage profiles in what way? I´m not too familiar with
things like this. What I do know though is that I am using the
profile I
want to, and that is not the "default" one that also sits there for
whatever reason.

O.K., Monica, forget the "Manage Profiles" bit for now. Just select
Tools->Switch profiles and check out what the other profile/s contains.

When you installed SM 2.0.x, it should have made a copy of your SM
1.1.xx profile (the .slt one) and called the new one ".default". If your
SM 1 profile is still there, it will not have your latest email, for
example, but would be complete upto your change-over date. Just check it
out!

Daniel
I just switched profiles to check out what the other (.default)
profile contains. It really doesn´t contain anything of mine. It´s
just an original "default" profile from the update ( or upgrade?) made
November 19, 2009. Was that maybe when SM2 came out (and I upgraded
from SM1)?

The profile I am using (the .slt one) has everything from my old
profile and up to current time.

Let me take a wild guess here, by any chance when the pop-up asking
"what shall I import?" came up, did you click some selection other than
"everything?" I have always done "all or nothing" at that point, If you
did, you are probably going down a lightly tested (at best) path, since
most people either trust it or don't.

I can´t really remember getting that question at all to be honest, but I doubt that I would have answered anything but "everything" since I know I always want everything possible imported.

Just a thought, then.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>