Frog wrote:
I have now used SeaMonkey 2.0.3 in a learning mode long enough for me to believe that it will meet my personal browser requirements. In fact, the only difficulty I found with 2.0.3 was a problem with the "Go" button on the mail window (see earlier thread in this group titled "Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings and Leave Messages on Server Settings" for details about that problem).

I am now wanting to know the best way to migrate all of my mail, address book, settings, etc. (not sure what else might be included under my profile) from 1.1.18 to 2.0.3.

I have set 2.0.3, so that it leaves all messages on the server during this learning period--messages are removed when downloaded to 1.1.18. I have only downloaded a very small number of messages to 2.0.3, since it was installed on my system. Thus, I would like to make sure that 2.0.3 includes all of the messages that are presently on 1.1.18.

As with the messages, there have been other changes on 1.1.18 that must be migrated to 2.0.3. Additions have been made to the address book and setting changes have been made. I desire to have 2.0.3 up-to-date on these subjects and any others, that I am not technically knowledgeable about and that should also be migrated.

I have only one Profile in 1.1.18 and only one profile in 2.0.3 (it was migrated from 1.1.18 as a part of the installation of 2.0.3 on my system).

I need some basic-level instructions on how to update 2.0.3 with 1.1.18 information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows XP Pro SP3

Frog

Thank you, MCBastos and Mark Hansen for your helpful messages.

Please forgive me, if this message is a little long--I just want to share with you a snippet of my Windows Explorer view and then ask my questions.

Here, I think, is what I need to work with when backing up my profile:

c:\Documents and Settings\Frog\Application Data\Mozilla
     Extensions
          {92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}
          ho...@tomtom.com
     Profiles
          Frog-SeaM
               g62n48iz.slt
                    chrome
                    Mail
                         incoming.verizon.net
                         Local Folders
                    News
                         msnews.microsoft.com
                         news
                         news.mozilla-1.org
                         news.mozilla.org
     SeaMonkey
          Crash Reports
          Profiles
               5v3u7ibc.default
                    chrome
                    extensions
                         {59c81df5-4b7a-477b-912d-4e0fdf64e5f2}
                              chrome
                                   icons
                                        default
                              components
                    Mail
                         incoming.veriaon.net
                         Local Folders
                    minidumps
                    News
                         msnews.microsoft.com
                         news
                         news.mozilla.org

Here are my questions about the above data.

I believe everything from line 5 (Profiles) through line 16
(news.mozilla.org)is related to SeaMonkey 1.1.18.  Is that
correct?

I believe everything from line 17 (SeaMonkey) to the end of the
data presentation is part of SeaMonkey 2.0.3.  Is that correct?

I presume that making a backup would involve copying everything from
line 1 through the end of this presentation to a location on my "E"
drive.  Is that correct?

Once the backup has been made, I would then proceed to the "Profile
Manager" to delete my SeaMonkey 2.0.3 "default" profile.  I would
accomplish this by going to--start>SeaMonkey(making sure that the
SeaMonkey selected belongs to 2.0.3)>Profile Manager (click "Manage
Profiles...")>make sure the "default" profile is selected/highlighted
and then click "Delete Profile".  At this point, my SeaMonkey 2.0.3
"default" profile is gone--is that correct?  Will this delete all of the
entries included in the above data presentation that pertain to
SeaMonkey 2.0.3?

Your instructions at this point are a little confusing to me.
MCBastos indicates that I should "Use the Profile Manager to import the
profile from my 1.1.18 installation.  I was unable to find any
indication of how to import information from 1.1.18 while in the
SeaMonkey 2.0.3 "Profile Manager".  Thus, I presume that I would have to
create a new profile before the import option would appear.  Is that
correct?
Mark Hansen indicates that once the 2.0.3 "default" profile is gone, I
can then launch SM 2.x again and it will ask if I want to migrate my
1.1.18 profile information to a new 2.0.3 profile.  Is this correct?
The migration of this information during installation of 2.0.3 worked
just fine, so let's hope that process will go smoothly again.

Once the new profile is established for 2.0.3, I will change the
settings in 1.1.18 to check "Leave messages on the server" and uncheck
"Leave messages on the server' on 2.0.3.  I will make this change here--
Mail window>Edit>Mail & Newsgroups Account
Settings...>f...@verizon.net>Server Settings>Leave messages on server.
Is that the correct location for making this setting change?

I hope, with knowing the answers to the above, I can make SeaMonkey
2.0.3 my default browser.

Again, thanks for helping me...I very much appreciate all that you have
done to help me.

Frog