Interviewed by CNN on 29/3/2010 02:06, Robert Traynor told the world:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using SeaMonkey 2.0.3 and latest Java, noScript etc.
> I have disabled ALL AddOns.
>
> When I save a web page lately, a folder "name"_files is NOT
> created and all links remain pointing to the original web page.
>
> Is there something to adjust in preferences etc..?
> It did not used to do this, all was normal but I noticed this
> behaviour change about a week or so ago.

Look at the "file type" box in the bottom of the "Save File As" window.

1. If it says "All Files", then you get the raw page source, that is,
the file will be strictly the same thing that Seamonkey received from
the web -- no modifications, no "fixing" the syntax, no redirecting of
images, no inserting comment about the original page URL.

2. If it says "Web page, HTML only", then you get the HTML page after it
was "fixed" by the tag-soup parser.

3. If it says "Web Page, Complete", then you get all images, scripts and
such in the subfolder you expected.

The difference between case 1 and 2 may not look obvious, but sometimes
it makes a lot of difference. For instance, Geocities used to tack
advertising code to the top and bottom of the pages the user uploaded,
in flagrant violation of the HTML standard -- the content came not only
outside the <body> element, it came outside the <html> element! But the
tag-soup parsers managed to make sense of this and rebuild a
somewhat-sane tree.

Of course, if you wanted to get the original page without the tacked-on
garbage, this reparsing actually made things more difficult, because it
mixed them all. Saving the page as "All files" made it far easier -- you
just had to strip the top and bottom of the file.

Seamonkey will remember the option you used last. So, if you
accidentally changed the option from "Web page, all files" to one of the
others, it will remain that way until you change it back.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... BOFH excuse #56:
Electricians made popcorn in the power supply