Daniel wrote:
Vampire13 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Vampire13 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Vampire13 wrote:
I find any attempts to connect to links such as;

http://www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/toys_games-3d_paper_crafts-3d_dragons.html?ref=toys_games-3d_paper_crafts&jumpid=em_r11400_us/en/hho/IPG/ipg20_cpt_em_hpn_1896&hhosnl=hpn_1896|756831|3F19073FE9A539D5|C9527EEDD693A486978D9DFFE3F9D632

(I know it's a big one) results in Seamonkey crashing. This has been
true for 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 in my case. It seems to be true for links
connecting to PDF files. IE8 connects without difficulty. My OS is
Windows 7 with 8 GB memory and ample disk space. I just did a clean
install of 2.0.4 after uninstalling 2.0.3 but the problem remains.

BTW, I can usually right click and save the link target with no
problem
but, clicking to connect crashes Seamonkey.

Any suggestions??

vampire13

That part of your link that is a link (i.e. the bit in blue, up to the
=hpn_1896), works for me!

Linux, SM 2.0.4

Or are you just trying to advertise the film??

Daniel

Not likely, I was looking to download a project for my grandson. I don't
know where you find a film, since the end file is a PDF. Don't be so
suspicious, I'm 77 and retired with no ambition to advertise anything.
I'm just trying to find out why PDF links crash my Seamonkey.

vampire13

What PDF link?? on that part on the link you provided, I don't see any
mention of PDF!

Daniel

Daniel:

My apologies, I assumed responders would check the "View" and
"Instructions" links next to the images which are the links to PDF files
I should have made that clearer. By now I should know not to "assume"
anything. I certainly can connect to the page but whenever I click on
any of the indicated links Seamonkey crashes and closes. Again, this
only happens in Seamonkey. I can right click and save the target but, I
cannot open the links in my browser.

Ed

Ed, have you got anything set up as a helper to help SM handle PDF's?

Daniel

I don't know if this works for other than Mac Platform Google for PDF Browser Plugin by Schubert.

It works with Safari, SeaMonkey, FireFox, Camino, Thunderbird, iCab, OmniWeb, Opera. It doesn't work with Internet Explorer. One thing it doesn't allow is on screen filling of forms. Back in OS9 days it did.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com