I have a site where I use a lot of anchors in links. When clicking on such a link on the top of the same page as the id is on, the idea is to take the visitor further down the page, where the id is.

Now, if I set my preferences for 'Link open behavior' in Tabbed Browsing to open links in the current tab/window, SM is not moving down to the id and is actually not moving at all, as it does if I have preferences set to open links in new tab in the current window.

Since there is no new tab opened in either option, I can't see why the browser behave differently?

Can anybody shed any light on this?

--
/Arne