Interviewed by CNN on 17/4/2010 20:13, Jane Galt told the world:
> MCBastos <myem...@example.invalid>  wrote :

>>> Tried that, several suggestions ago, doesnt work.
>>>

>> Hmmm, I'm puzzled. That option is supposed to do exactly what you want,
>> that is, to call an external mail program whenever you click on a
>> "mailto:"; link.
>>
>> Besides setting network.protocol-handler.external.mailto to "true", I
>> have also seen mentions of setting network.protocol-handler.app.mailto
>> to the pathname of your mail program. Maybe that can solve the problem
>> for you.
>
> Just tried...nope.

Weird. I just tested it.

- Opened About:config,
- created network.protocol-handler.external.mailto as a Boolean setting,
- set it to "true."
- Then I set Outlook Express as default e-mail program (by using Windows
"Set program access and defaults").

I didn't even have to close Seamonkey: I clicked on one "mailto" link in
the heading of a news message, and it prompted me to confirm choice of
OE (with an option to "remember setting).

Changed default e-mail program to Opera (these are the only two other
mail-capable programs I have around), tried again, and it asked to
confirm I wanted Opera. It worked again.

I tried with a webpage. Same result.

But I'm still using XP. Win7 is different in a lot of points, including
in the way "default programs" are set. So maybe it needs some tweaks there.

Set values back, and it went back to normal.

So I have no idea why this doesn't work for you. It should.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... BOFH excuse #334:
50% of the manual is in .pdf readme files