butterfly wrote:
On Apr 21, 4:45 pm, WLS<rafte...@verizonremove.net>  wrote:
On 04/21/2010 11:15 AM, butterfly wrote:

where is Composer ? I was just wanting to try Sea Monkey as a web
editor  and I downloaded it .
it seems to do everything else except web-edit - can someone tell me
how to find this feature ?

many thanks
Anita

In the menu under Window, click Composer, or click the third Icon from
the left, in left hand corner of the status bar.

Window -oh - right at the very top ? i would never have thought to
look there
though I should have noticed the buttons at the bottom
- many thanks for all your help

and a quick impression - Im coming from Namo 6 which I really like
using but wanting to change from because the constant crashing is
dementing me - looks like I will miss the split screen which I work in
all the time  and it looks like all styling except the most basic text
styling has to be done by writing into the html  ? and inserting
scripts and css - that all done by typing too ?    suppose it means
Ill have to learn the code ....
on the other hand I like the way the dotted lines explain the layout -
that could be very useful

looking forward to trying it all out - thanks again
Anita

Why do without the split screen?? (Mind you, I don't use Composer, so what I'm about to suggest may not actually work!!)

1.      Start the Browser and reduce it's width to about half screen.
2.      Start Composer and reduce it's width to the other half screen.
3. Load your html file in Composer, make whatever changes you want, the save the file.
4.      Load the html file in the Browser (File->Open File) and see how it
looks.

Repeat steps three and four until you get what you want.

Maybe....HTH

Daniel