Alex Strickland wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Alex Strickland wrote:
Hi

I'm using version 2.0.4.

When I click on a newsgroup the number of new posts is retrieved, they
show the subject, dates, number of lines etc. When I click on a message,
it briefly shows "Connecting to xxx", "Connected to xxx" and "Loading
Message..." and then a blank message is displayed.

I have tried flagging the message and the retrieving flagged messages,
same deal.

I deleted all the .msf files, with no change.

I then deleted *all* the files and directories under:

C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\k9xxylit.default\News

and set up new accounts and resubscribed, with no change. I am trying
with three different news servers, so I can't blame the server.

This is not a new install or anything, and seemed fine last week. I have
had this problem very intermittently before but generally simply
clicking on the message again got it back, but now, nothing.

*Sometimes* I try Print Preview and the message detail appears in the
print preview!

I am not set up for offline reading.

Any ideas (besides installing Thunderbird)?

Regards and thanks
Alex

Alex, it's not just you. Me, too! I've tried "Reply" but nothing shows
up in the reply except the "Bozzo said...."

Yes, I hadn't tried that but I get the same response when I do.

It is as if there is no code that says "NNTP body retrieval failed :
alert user".

Aplogies, I deliberately left the top post for the newsgroup, although
clearly I won't be looking at the post!

Regards
Alex

Just as well you did post to the group, because my email address is mugged, so I haven't got your email yet!!

And don't worry about it now, better to be dealing with this problem on the news group.

Daniel